Thursday, September 24, 2009

jeromy

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go."
-abraham lincoln


No winter lasts forever; no spring skips it’s turn.”
-Borland


You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, ‘I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.’ ”
-Eleanor Roosevelt


I was always looking outside myself for strength and confidence, but it comes from within. It is there all the time.”
- Anna Freud



(tuesday): my dear brother in law was in an accident today and passed away. i am heart broken, i am so sad for him, for my sister, for their children. he was a good man. a very good man. maybe i can write some more when the tears are not so fresh. please pray for my family. they need it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

dear jeromy,

i want to call your phone just so i can hear your voice before it's gone. i think the only tape i have of you is from when you broke your nose and i was a dumb teenager and interviewing you.

i keep thinking about how a few months ago we were over at your house and you told me and brad that you wanted to tell us something. you sat down and told us how mad you were at us for getting married when we did because you had to miss going hunting, but you were glad that you got to come to the wedding after all. you told me that i was like a sister you to, and that brad was a brother. and you teared up and told us that you loved us. and we told you back. it was a rare moment because you are so gruff sometimes.

shanea loves you so much. it is so hard to see her in so much pain. it is the worst thing i have ever had happen in my life. i love drewey, log, and hallie. i love them so much. you know that they are my first kids. i have always loved them the most. i remember that when hallie was born you let me drive her in her carseat to your house, in your old truck, and you told me that if she started to cry that i could just turn up the radio and ignore her because you didn't want me to be distracted. i knew then that you trusted me because my mom didn't even want me to drive her car. i think hallie was three weeks old.

i'm sorry i didn't show my love to you better. but when shanea got angry with you i just took her side. (she's my sister, it's what we do). but i only remember being really angry with you once, and i was a teenager and you were in one of your moods. we both got over it.

thank you for loving reese. for loving all the babies. everyone knows you love the babies so much. you always would come and get reese and take him in the back room so you could have him all to yourself for a little bit. and you took pictures of him. and fed him his bottle when we left him with you, you and shanea were the first babysitters.

thank you for always having my back. i always knew that if someone wronged me you would be there to kick some ass. you stood up for what you wanted, for what you believed in even if no one agreed. and i have a great respect for you.

i can't believe that this happened. that you are gone. i can't believe that reese and my other kids aren't going to get to know you. and i can't believe that shanea and the kids are going to have to go through life without you at their side. my heart aches for them. i know you will be there though. i know you will be in everyones hearts. promise you won't leave them alone. i am so glad that you and shanea had sweetness that day. she keeps saying what a gift it was. i miss you. don't forget about us.

i am writing this on my blog because i know you are the only one of my siblings that ever looked at it, so i know you will read it. i love you jeromy. i love you.
and i promise that i will be there for your family. i will be there for them. i promise. see you, bud. i miss you.

love, sav

p.s. i tried to call, it rang, and rang, and then your voicemail was just that stupid lady that said your number.. made me sad. so you will have a missed call from me.  





Jeromy Talcott Pectol 

December 12, 1969-September 22, 2009 

Funeral services will be held at Fairways Ward 1533 N 1075 W in Farmington at 11 am Monday 28 Sep 2009. 

A viewing will be held at the Russon Brothers 295 North Main St in Farmington from 5-7 pm on Sunday evening and 9:30-10:30 am at the ward house prior to the services .

9 comments:

Clark & Co. said...

sorry, savannah, your family will definitely be in our prayers.

love,
the clarks

sav said...

thank you.

Amber said...

we love you sav. i'm glad you wrote about it. it was beautiful; truthful. give your sister and all those kids a hug for me. and i'll see you soon to give you a hug myself.

amber, andy, and kylee

Aynna banahna said...

I'm so sorry savannah! I'm glad you wrote this letter, it is so beautiful. I know that he has alreadu read it. If you need me, call.

801-648-7000

becky rigby said...

Savannah you are such a talented writer. We will pray for you. I put your name on the prayer list at the temple. Jeromy sounds like a pretty amazing guy. I am so sorry for your loss.

Michelle said...

I am so sorry Savannah :(. We will keep you and the rest of your family in our thoughts and prayers. That is a beautiful letter and really shows just how much you love and cared about him.

Rick, Jacee, Paylen said...

Hey I came across your blog from Amber's blog. I am so sorry for your loss.My heart goes out to you & your family. I will keep you in my prayers. & i would love to check out your blog once you go private if that's ok. jaceejane@hotmail.com

Bryce and Sally said...

Sweet Savannah!! What an honest admission and submission of love for Jeromy. It's beautiful. Hope you're doing okay. Give Shanea a hug from me and Bentley. =)

Darrik, Kami & Brock said...

Savannah, I'm so sorry. You are you family are in our toughts and prayers. We love you.