Wednesday, May 23, 2012

graduation day

my sweetheart boy "graduated" from preschool today. watching him up on that stage singing his little heart out, trying to remember the words, kicking his nervous feet, melted my heart. i swelled up with pride that only a mother of a three year old can know. my baby is growing up. he is my treasure and i hope i show him i love him enough everyday, even though i get frustrated with his "come-here-mom, i-wanna-show-you-somethin'" stories that i hear a hundred times a day. congrats big boy, but please don't grow up too fast, you are still that baby of mine.
as he walked up the stage to get his diploma, his teacher asked him what he wanted to be when he grew up... the major trend among this group were race car drivers, my sweetheart boy said, "santa claus". he had been thinking about it very hard as he was in line, and all i could think was, just like jeromy.

No comments: