Thursday, March 13, 2008

sav's favorite reads

1. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
I read this in jr. high thanks to my dear friend lindsay, she made me realize how wonderful the classic books can be.
A tree grows in Brooklyn

2. The House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros
When i was in high school, amber and i got in the habit of stealing all the books that we had to read in english, this one is my favorite, stolen when i was a senior.
The House on Mango Street

3.The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
Speaking of stolen books, i just read this a couple of months ago and i absolutely adored it. it is about a little girl who lives in nazi germany and is narrated by death. i think right now it is my all time favorite.
The Book Thief

4. Twilight, New Moon, & Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer
Oh Edward my love! What else can i say to the vampire that i adore?
twilight

5. The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery
The best book an adult can read to understand a child. so simple and so full of truth.
The Little Prince
QUOTE:
"To me, you are still nothing more than a little boy who is just like a hundred thousand other little boys. And I have no need of you. And you, on your part, have no need of me. To you, I am nothing more than a fox like a hundred thousand other foxes. But if you tame me, then we shall need each other. To me, you will be unique in all the world. To you, I shall be unique in all the world…"

No comments: