Wednesday, October 3, 2012

9 years!!! no way!

This year it was my turn to plan our anniversary. I was so excited! Our families watched our kids so we could get away for a night and it  was honestly one of the best anniversaries we have ever had. After we dropped of the kids we headed out to find something to eat. We settled on Settabello's in Farmington. After that I drove us to our secret get away. We went to Park City, where I had to stop and RUN into Subway or else I was gonna pee my pants! It was actually pretty funny. Then I took Brad to the Utah Olympic Park.

When we arrived in the parking lot Brad wanted to exchange gifts. He opened his first, I finally got the picture of the temple from his mission custom framed for him. It seemed a little cheesy, but he really loved it. I think he had kind of forgotten about it, so it was kind of special. Then it was my turn, I had a feeling Brad was going big this year, but I wasn't quite sure what it was going to be. Well, I guessed right that it was big! He bought me a really amazing camera. Not just a point and shoot. It's an SLR, but it's more of a pocket sized SLR. I really LOVE IT!

We bought tickets to go on the long zip line. It was totally scary at first but so fun. I screamed at first (as usual). But the ride down was beautiful. While we were chatting with some people in line, a guy gave Brad a coupon to do the bobsled for free. So we walked back and Brad did it.
Brad said it was super intense. Even though you only go down for about a minute, you go about 4G's and he was a little wobbly after that.

When we were done there, we decided to go check into our hotel. I had Brad read me the directions, he had no idea where we were going. When we pulled up our conversation went like this:

Brad: Are we staying here?
Sav: That would be the Waldorf Astoria.
Brad: Holy Shit! No way! Are you freaking KIDDING ME? .... Holy Shit.....

It was pretty hysterical. We went to our room and checked it all out and then decided to get in our suits and go swimming. It was a beautiful day. Usually on our anniversary it snows for the first time in the mountains (no joke), this has happened several times. But this weekend was gorgeous! We ended up just laying out by the pool and taking a little happy nappy.

After relaxing for a while, I had one more surprise for Brad. I wanted to take him to the outlets to get some new clothes. The boy was desperate. We ate dinner at Kneaders (which BTW the soup was to die for). Brad ended up getting some sweet clothes, and I finally splurged and got myself some Vans. Then we ran to Wal-mart to get some snacks. When we got back to our hotel we went and sat in the hot tub for a while. It was amazing. We stayed up late and slept in and it was wonderful.

The next morning we got ready (i took a bath in the awesome tub), and we went to the farmers market on Main Street. It was nice to not feel rushed to get right back home. We walked up and down the street, bought a few random things and held hands. It was almost sad because it was such a wonderful weekend and it had to end. I was excited to see my babies though!

Later in the week, on our real anniversary, we took our kids with us and went out to eat at Red Robin, and then of course, that night, we read our Ten Things to one another. I love my Bradley so much and I am so glad we have made it this far!


1 comment:

Mindy said...

you guys are too cute!! i love it when we go out, just the two of us, and we get to hold hands with each other! i can see why you were sad to see it end.